CArrot Top Pesto
Delicious fresh carrot top pesto - perfect with carrot soup
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1½ cup carrot tops - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Give your carrots tops a quick wash and place on a tea towel to dry.
- In a food processor pulse the pumpkin seeds and garlic together and then the salt and pepper and pulse again.
- Add the carrot tops and pulse until everything is combined.
- Next pour in the lemon juice and you guessed it pulse again.
- It's time for the olive oil. Keep the blade of the food processor going and slowly pour in the oil. It should come to a smooth paste.
- Taste the pest and add further seasoning to suit your taste.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy with Carrot Soup.