This is the ultimate top to tail carrot recipe!
- 1 medium brown onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, diced finely
- 1½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- Over medium heat put the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onions and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir regularly until the onion is soft and translucent. Time to add the garlic and carrots to the pot. Stir occasionally until cooked.
- Add the ginger and apple cider vinegar, stir in well. Add the vegetable broth (you can add more if you want it a little runnier).
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 25 minutes. You'll know when it is ready because the carrots will be soft.
- Transfer the content of the pot to a blender and blend to a smooth consistency. At this stage you'll want to taste the soup to see if you'd like more salt and pepper.
- Add rice malt syrup and stir in.
This soup is delicious with carrot top pesto as a side and can also be drizzled with coconut milk.